Fridays at The Variegated Life: on what I’ve read or am reading …
A few weekends ago, we moved my desk from the bedroom to the living room. In its place by the window I now have a rocking chair, so that I can sit with the Gnome in the sunlight.
- A mug for water
- A pad of paper, a pen, and extra ink for jotting down the lines of poetry and other thoughts that arise when I sit in the chair
- The remote control for the stereo
- One Hundred Poems from the Chinese translated by Kenneth Rexroth
- Space, in Chains by Laura Kasischke
- The three most recent issues of Poetry magazine
- The most recent issue of Mountain Record
As far as I’m concerned, that chair is the best place in the apartment. Even better than our bed! The Gnome thinks it’s cozy, too.